We are a class of Year 3 & 4 children at Vardon School in Hamilton, NZ. The purpose of this blog is to share what we are learning with others. Click into our individual blogs to see samples of our learning and our reflections. WE LOVE LEARNING!!! We also love commenting, so please leave us a comment!!!



Monday, March 11, 2013

Fractions

Today in maths we used lego and cubes to make a stick of ten lego/cubes. We wrote the fractions of each colour we used.
Here are some children talking about that fraction of each colour they used.










What do you know about fractions?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing work Room 7!

    I love the way you were able to explain how many tenths of each colour you had.

    So if I had 3/10 yellow plus 2/10 red, how many tenths is that altogether?

    Mrs Natusch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 7
    I love Fractions because I know how much of the yummy cake I made I will get!
    If there are 4 people in my family, and we each have a piece every night for 3 nights, I get:

    1/12 + 1/12 + 1/12 = 3/12 (or 1/4)

    of the whole cake!

    Yum Yum Yum.

    Mrs Paton

    ReplyDelete

We love your comments. Thanks so much!